Virginia Tech® home

Tuition and Financial Aid

Tuition and Fees

Tuition and fees schedule can be found on the University Bursar's website.

Tuition and fee schedules are the responsibility of the University Bursar. All questions about costs, payment, deadlines, penalities, refunds, or student accounts should be addressed to the Bursar's office. Any information published by the University Bursar overrides any information published on the MSBA-HTM website.

Additional late fees apply to students who exceed the payment deadlines. See the payment instructions for more information on when and how to pay. All MSBA-HTM courses are 3-credit hour courses. All MSBA-HTM students (whether resident, non-resident, or foreign nationals) pay the same tuition and fees.

Full or partial refunds are only given if students withdraw from a course within specific time periods. Please see the University Bursar Refund Policy for explanations and schedules. Be aware that students cannot receive refunds after the dates specified in the schedules.

Loans, Financial Assistance and Scholarships

Financial Aid
Only students who qualify as regular or provisional-status students qualify for federal financial aid.  Students must be enrolled in at least five credits (two MSBA-HTM courses) in a semester to qualify. 

The University Scholarships and Financial Aid office can provide further information regarding federal loans. The first step to receiving federal funds is to complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Contact the University Scholarships and Financial Aid Office directly with additional questions:

Students also have the option of pursing loans from private lenders. 

Please Note: If you are applying for federal financial aid, you must either include your social security number on the application, or send a notarized letter to the graduate school with your social security number.

Scholarships & Assistantships
While there are currently no MSBA-HTM scholarship funds available through the university, there are many independent scholarships available to graduate students in an accredited master's programs that we encourage you to research. It's also a great idea to see if your employer offers and of their own scholarships or tuition assistance/reimbursement programs.

There are a few Graduate Assistant spaces available in the MSBA-HTM program each semester. Please contact us at to learn more.

Military/Veteran Affairs

The Office of Veterans Services has provided these tips on how to start the process to receive your military tuition benefits. For more information regarding military benefits, please contact Virginia Tech's Office of Veterans Services:

Office of Veteran Services
Hillcrest Hall
385 W Campus Dr. Suite 111
Blacksburg, VA 24061