The undergraduate program in hospitality and tourism management prepares in-demand graduates for exciting management positions in the global hospitality and tourism industry. Students obtain hands-on experience through internships, field studies, experienced faculty, and frequent interaction with industry experts. In addition to gaining a broad business education, HTM specialized courses are available in event management, hospitality finance, catering and restaurant management, tourism destination management, franchising, revenue management, international business, data analytics and security, and lodging operations. Students develop a variety of skills, including market analysis, real-time decision making, leadership, and communication. Opportunities exist to double major with other business majors as well as real estate.
Students with undergraduate degrees in HTM find a wide variety of positions open to them. The following are just a few examples:
- Hotel Real Estate and Finance Analyst
- Hospitality or Tourism Digital Marketing Specialist
- Event and Experience Designer and Producer
- Hotel Operations Manager
- High-end Restaurant Owner/Manager
- Cruise Industry Executive
- Hospitality Data Analytics Specialist
- Meeting and Convention Sales
- Tourism Attraction Entrepreneur
Fill out the form below to receive information about Virginia Tech’s Howard Feiertag Hospitality and Tourism Management program, upcoming events, deadlines, and opportunities to engage.