Applications for the MSBA-HTM program are submitted electronically. Click the button below to begin or continue your application.
CREATING AN ACCOUNT
- Go to the Graduate School application system site
- Click the 'Create a New Account' link. Once you confirm your email address, you will receive another email with a temporary passcode.
- Login with your email and temporary passcode
- You will be prompted to create a new passphrase
- Fill in the name fields to finalize your account set up
STARTING YOUR APPLICATION
To start your application:
- Login to the Graduate School application system site with your email address and the passphrase you created
- Click the 'Start New Application' link at the bottom of your home screen
- Select your application term year
- Select your application type. Please contact us if you are not sure which application type you are.
- If you are applying to the MSBA-HTM degree program, select 'Degree Seeking'
- If you are applying to an HTM graduate certificate program, select 'Graduate Certificate'
- If you are applying as a Commonwealth Campus student, select 'Non-Degree Seeking'
- If you are applying to be readmitted to the program, select 'Readmit'
COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION
Once you open your application, you will see there are multiple sections to complete. Please fill out the fields as instructed in the application. Additional information for some sections is included below:
- International applicants must apply using their legal name exactly as it appears on their passport
- Returning VT Students must supply your VT student ID number (PID)
- Virginia residents should complete the in-state tuition questionnaire to receive the reduced tuition and fee rates for in-state residents.
- Permanent Residents [PR] must supply a copy of PR registration card
- Non-U.S. citizens must have a visa
Program of Study:
- Select 'Business Administration' from the 'Program' dropdown
- Select 'Hospitality & Tourism Management' from the 'Program option' dropdown
- Select 'MS' from the 'Degree Type' dropdown
- Check the 'National Capital Region (D.C.)' box
- Select your term of study (i.e. fall, spring, or summer) — You may need to click the 'Continue' button and come back to the 'Program of Study' section to select your term. If you do not see the term options, please ensure that all information has been entered into the 'Domicile Information' section.
HTM Graduate Certificates
- Select the title of your preferred HTM graduate certificate from the 'Program' dropdown
- Entrepreneurship in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Business Analytics and Revenue Management
- International Hospitality and Tourism Strategy
- Please note that all graduate certificate programs are officially administered by the Graduate School, so ‘Blacksburg’ will automatically be set as your campus. However, please be assured that the HTM certificates are offered in the DC area.
- Select your intended term of study (i.e. fall, spring, or summer) — You may need to click the 'Continue' button and come back to the 'Program of Study' section to select your term. If you do not see the term options, please ensure that all information has been entered into the 'Domicile Information' section.
RETURNING TO YOUR APPLICATION
- Go to the Graduate School application system site
- Login with your email address and the passphrase you created
- Click the link for the application you want to return to
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
- Click the 'Review' section to ensure that all required fields have been filled out
- Submit your application
- Pay the non-refundable application fee ($75) — If you received an application fee waiver code, please be sure to enter this in the 'Financial Assistance' section before submitting your application. All of our military/veteran applicants are eligible for an application fee waiver and should submit their request for a waiver in the 'Financial Assistance' section of our application.
Your recommender(s) will receive an email invitation to submit their recommendation letter after you have submitted your application. Please note that recommendation letters do not need to be submitted by the application deadline. There is a short grace period for receipt of your recommendation letter(s) and other supporting documentation.
Please note that no letters of recommendation are required for the graduate certificates.
Applicants who are accepted for admission and intend to enroll will need to send an official transcript(s) showing conferral of their degree(s) to the Virginia Tech Graduate Admission Office at:
120 Graduate Life Center
155 Otey Street
Blacksburg, VA 24061-0325
Electronic transcripts should be sent to email@example.com. Contact 540-231-9561 with any questions.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- Students with undergraduate degrees from universities outside the U.S. should also submit a report from a credential evaluation service that converts grades into a grade point average (GPA) with a course by course break down of their degree. The university will accept evaluations done by any credentialing agency listed on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services web site http://www.naces.org/members.html
- TOEFL scores are required of all international students whose first language is not English, except those applicants who have graduated from an accredited university where English is the language of instruction
- For additional information on the TOEFL exam, please visit http://www.ets.org/toefl/
- Additional information for international graduate students can be found on the Cranwell International Center site