Huihui Zhang is a Ph.D. student in the Howard Feiertag Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management at Virginia Tech. She obtained her MS from The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) and a BBA from South China University of Technology (SCUT). Her research centers around strategic management and data analytics within the hospitality and tourism industries, with a current focus on micro-entrepreneurship and digital platforms. Huihui's work has been recognized in top-ranked tourism and hospitality journals including Annals of Tourism Research and Tourism Management. Her skill sets include econometrics methods and text mining techniques, using tools like Python and R. She also has two-year experience in algorithm and programming for machine learning and large language models. As an instructor or teaching assistant, she has contributed to the courses, including HTM 4354 - IT& Social Media, MGT 4394 - Strategic Management for Hospitality and Tourism Management, and HTM 2454 - Travel and Tourism Management at Virginia Tech.
- Lodging Management; Strategic Management; Micro-Entrepreneurship; Digital Platform; Data Analytics
- Text Mining (Machine Learning, Large Language Model)
- Econometrics (Panel analysis, Survival analysis)
- Python (proficient)
- Zhang H, Zach FJ, Xiang Z. Design standardization by Airbnb multi-unit hosts: Professionalization in the sharing economy. Annals of Tourism Research. 2023 Jan 1;98:103523.
- Zhang H, Zach FJ, Xiang Z. Multi-Level Differentiation of Short-Term Rental Properties: A Deep Learning-Based Analysis of Aesthetic Design. Tourism Management (Accepted)
- Xu W, Zhang H, Cai D, Lam W. Dynamic Semantic Graph Construction and Reasoning for Explainable Multi-hop Science Question Answering. InFindings of the Association for Computational Linguistics: ACL-IJCNLP 2021 2021 Aug (pp. 1044-1056).
- Xu W, Deng Y, Zhang H, Cai D, Lam W. Exploiting Reasoning Chains for Multi-hop Science Question Answering. InFindings of the Association for Computational Linguistics: EMNLP 2021 2021 Nov (pp. 1143-1156).
HTM 4354 IT & Social Media in Hospitality and Tourism Management (Instructor)
HTM2454 Travel and Tourism Management (Instructor)
MGT 4394 Strategic Management for Hospitality and Tourism Management (Teaching Assistant)
- MS, E-Commerce and Logistics Technologies, the Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2019
- BBA, Economics and Management of Exhibition, South China University of Technology, 2014
- Annual Graduate Education & Graduate Student Research Conference in Hospitality & Tourism
- International Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education (ICHRIE) Annual Cconference
- Asia Pacific Forum for Graduates Students Research in Tourism
- Asia-Pacific Council on Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education (APacCHRIE) Annual Conference
- Council for Hospitality Management Education (CHME) Annual Conference
- Asian Real Estate Society (AsRES) Conference
Honors and Awards
- Chinese University of Hong Kong, Outstanding M.Sc. Graduate Award 2019 ($10,000 HKD)
- Best Paper Award in APacCHRIE 2023, Clark, Philippines
- Marketing Operator, the TAL Group, 2014-2018
- Research Assistant, CUHK Text Mining Group, 2019-2020
- Hong Kong
Food & Drink
- Tim Ho Wan Dim Sum (cheapest Michelin Star restaurant); Hong Kong milk tea