Hyoeun Kim is a Ph.D. student in the Howard Feiertag Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management at Virginia Tech. Her research interest is firm-level research in the HTM industry through business analytics applications.
- Juan Luis Nicolau
On the Job Market
- Tourism Technology
- Destination Sustainability
- Data Analytics
Publications that best represent my research
- Nicolau, J. L., Kim, H., & Liu, X. (2021). The search value model: Detecting abnormal searching behavior. Annals of Tourism Research, 87.
- Shin, Y., Kim, H., and Song, H. (2018). A study of behavioral intention to seek out eating-out information from social media: focused on the extracted model of goal-directed behavior, The Korea Academic Society of Tourism and Leisure, 30(12), 285-306.
Teaching Assistant Roles
- HTM 2454 Travel and Tourism Management
- HTM 3524 Lodging Management, instructor Shaniel Bernard Simpson, PhD
- HTM 2314 Intro International Business, instructor Stuart Feigenbaum
- HTM 3484 Socio-Cult Impacts of Tourism, instructor Kristin Lamoureux, PhD
Education and Certification
- MS, Business Analytics, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology(UNIST), Korea, 2017
- BA, Hotel Management, Kyung Hee University, Korea, 2014
- Research Assistant, Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information, Seoul, Korea, 2017-2018
- Research Assistant, Korea Culture and Tourism Institute, Seoul, Korea, 2015-2016
Honors and awards
- Runner-up, Expedia Group X ENTER 2020 Data Science Competition, 2020
- 3rd Prize, Tourism Bigdata Analysis Competition, Korea Culture and Tourism Institute, 2015
- 3rd Prize, Global Datathon, UN Pulse & Korea Ministry of Science, ICT, and Future Planning, 2015
- Jeju Island, Korea - beautiful scenes of nature.
Food & Drink
- Naeng-Myeon (Korean cold noodles), representative summer-seasonal menu in Korea