Hyoeun Kim is a Ph.D. student in the Howard Feiertag Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management at Virginia Tech. Her research interests include an application of data analytics methodologies and technological issues in the hospitality and tourism areas.
- Tourism - Intelligence System
- User-Generated Content
- Data Analytics
- Web Mining
Publications that best represent my research
- Shin, Y., Kim, H., and Song, H. (2018). A study of behavioral intention to seek out eating-out information from social media: focused on the extracted model of goal-directed behavior, The Korea Academic Society of Tourism and Leisure, 30(12), 285-306.
Teaching Assistant Roles
- HTM 2314 Intro International Business, instructor Stuart Feigenbaum
- HTM 3484 Socio-Cult Impacts of Tourism, instructor Kristin Lamoureux, PhD
Education and Certification
- MS, Business Analytics, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology(UNIST), Korea, 2017
- BA, Hotel Management, Kyung Hee University, Korea, 2014
- Research Assistant, Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information, Seoul, Korea, 2017-2018
- Research Assistant, Korea Culture and Tourism Institute, Seoul, Korea, 2015-2016
Honors and awards
- 3rd Prize, Tourism Bigdata Analysis Competition, Korea Culture and Tourism Institute, 2015
- 3rd Prize, Global Datathon, UN Pulse & Korea Ministry of Science, ICT, and Future Planning, 2015
- Excellent Academic Research Paper - Hotel & Resort Concept Design, Kyung Hee University, 2011
- Jeju Island, Korea - beautiful scenes of nature.
Food & Drink
- Naeng-Myeon (Korean cold noodles), representative summer-seasonal menu in Korea